2023 Toyota Jamboree
Topics on this page
Preparing for your trip
Food and Ice
Planning your Route
What to expect at Toyota Jamboree
Preparing for your trip
Over-prepare for the weather!
It's Texas, so it could be hot, cold, dusty, wet or muddy, or all the above. Bring rain gear, extra clothes, extra tie downs for tents, towels, etc. Remember the Jambo fun continues is Rain or Shine!
Bring on the Campfire
Currently there are no fire bans and we've had plenty of rain so don't expect one to be in effect anytime soon.
The most crucial item we can recommend for the Toyota Jamboree (or any off-roading event) is communications, even if its a handheld. It is required to have either a FRS or GMRS radio at Jamboree.
Other recommended items include:
Planning for food
Food vendor on-site
We will have a two food vendors onsite this year serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will be adding their menus soon
Those who purchased added meal upgrades to their registration will have access to the following two meals Friday and Saturday 5pm-6pm
- Friday: Brisket Tacos! and a drink by Bodacious Bar-B-Q
- Saturday: 2-Meat with 2-sides Texas BBQ with drink by Bodacious Bar-B-Q.
Resturants in town
Gilmer, Texas is 15 mins away from the park and has a variety of restaurants from fast food to sit down.
View resturants in Gilmer
ICE is available for sale at the BMRA front office and will be staffed during the day.Back to Top
Barnwell Mountain has primitive camp sites throughout the park. Many of them will have porta-johns added by Toyota Jamboree during the event.
Its open camping throughout the park, but there are designated camping areas.
BMRA have made extensive repairs to the main roads allowing us to again add porta-johns to select campsites throughout the park. Which ones is dependant on several factors, we will communicate once we know.
Camping is first come, first serve. Reserving campsites is not allowed. Large community tents need to be approved before hand.
See more information and a camping sites on a map
Those who purchased Overlanding camping packages or passes must stay in the camping areas near the pavilion. They cannot go past the RV sites to venture deeper in the park without a Trail Pass.
BMRA has two shower facilities to help wash away a long day of wheeling. One is located at the BMRA office and the other is right next to the pavilion.
Plan for long wait times for showers. We wish we could bring in more showers, but its not possible
Planning your Route
BMRA Office Coordinates: 32.8007, -94.8759
Get Directions in Google Maps
What to Expect at a Toyota Jamboree
First and foremost its important to know that the Toyota Jamboree is kinda a build-your-own adventure. You can do it at your pace and preference.
We do have scheduled events, but they are not required. Your free to just go hit the BMRA trails and enjoy the rare experience of only Toyota's on the trails with no Dirtbikes or UTV's. Learn more about the BMRA Trails
Have your Registration Confirmation ready
The key to your registration is the QR code on your registration confirmation. Either have it ready on your phone to pull up or printed.
First stop will be event registration
Stop by the Event office and get checked in and sign the waivers. Everyone, including passengers, needs to sign a waiver.
You will be given:
- Wristband: This is key to your re-entry into the event and meal ticket (if you purchased a meal upgrade) Please ensure you keep this on you at all times, if its damaged, please return to front registration office for a replacement
- Event Map & Schedule: This is a laminated 11x17 printout to help guide you through the event
- Trail Pass: (if you purchased a wheeling package ) This goes on your windshield and is your pass deeper into the park and onto the trails
Swag Bag and pre-purchased merchandise pickup
If you purchased a pre-registration package, (wheeling or overlanding camping), You get a swag bag! Full of neat things like event patch, event sticker, event magnet, other misc event swag and swag from sponsors and vendors.
After checkin, head on over to the pavilion area, to the tent to the left of the pavilion, show them your QR code, and they'll pull your swag bag and pre-paid merchandise.
Pre-paid Raffle Tickets Pickup
If you purchased any raffle tickets during registration, head on over to the raffle sales table. Have them scan their QR code, and they'll grab your ticketsBack to Top
You'll be handed a Event Schedule and Map on checkin, and we are working on a more detailed schedule, but heres the high-level. SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- 10am Thursday: Gates Open
- 5pm - 9pm Thursday: Vendor area open
- 6pm - 8pm Thursday: Dogs and Rigs: Meet-n-greet
- Midnight Thursday: Gates & Checkin closed
- 8am Friday: Gates & Checkin open
- 1pm Friday: Blinds Mans Bluff presented by TrailToys
- 3pm Friday: Group Photo and Activities
- 5pm - 9pm Friday: Vendor area open
- 6:30 Friday: Friday Raffle
- 7pm Friday: Live Music: Sons of Fannin and nighttime activities
- 10pm Friday: Trails Close
- Midnight Friday: Gates & Checkin closed
- 8am Saturday: Gates & Checkin open
- 10am Saturday: Lone Star RockCrawl presented by TacomaBeast
- 2pm Saturday: Mike Lemery Stampede presented by Demello Offroad
- 5pm - 9pm Saturday: Vendor area open
- 7pm Saturday: General Raffle Raffle
- 9pm Saturday: Bonfire and nighttime activities
- 10pm Saturday: Trails Close
- Noon Sunday: Event Closes